Does your baby go potty?

i've heard of it and if i had had the time to try it i definitely would have liked to, but with the older kids and the dogs and part time work i found it too difficult. i know 9 months is too late to start but i noticed him trying to go and put him on the potty. luckily his big brothers were taking a bath next to him so he was distracted and did the rest of his pooping in the potty. one less diaper to wash today! :)

juliness

Asked by juliness at 4:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's never too early to get your child used to the potty. If they are introduced to it at an early age, they take to it more easily during the real training stage. Regardless of whether or not you think it "works", if parents can read the clues, & get to the bathroom on time, that's $$$ saved on diaper usage. Most kids have facial expressions that go with each bodily function. It's really no different than training a puppy. You watch for the cues & act accordingly.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 4:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• ive been doing this with my 0ne year old for months now!! she loves to sit on her potty! and she always goes poop after dinner in the potty and will pee when she wakes up in the morning and after a nap! i know her cue for poop but im still working on the pee one! but so far so good! and yep one less diaper to wash! if u have any questions just message me!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I'm not sure I understand your question?
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• In my opinion, you're just training yourself, not the child.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• not using a diaper on your baby and actually training them at 5 months... i know, it sounds crazy
    juliness

Comment by juliness (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• search under elimination communication or infant potty training.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It wont work. They dont have the physical control. You can sure waste your time trying if you like. I've heard of it. But see, if the kid does go in the potty that young it just by chance you caught them at the correct time.
    Anonymous

Elimination communication, though I never tried it, is not about 'potty training' or control. It is about the parent learning the infants cues that they are about to go. They use a Hissing noise when they have them go and they do eventually learn to go on cue. This doesn't mean they are 'potty trained' it just means they parents have learned how the baby is communicating that need. The concept when you read more about it is not silly or 'luck'. It is by far not for every parent, especially here in the US but this is practiced as the norm in a lot of countries and it does work for them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It's silly.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2011