When shopping for Christmas , who do you buy for?

DH and I concentrate on our nuclear family, spending the most there. Then we spend for his parents, his brother and gf, my sis and fam and my grandpa and his wife ( grandpa is like a dad to me).
Before we had our son, we spent a ridiculous amount on each other and his parents and brother.

nwdeserangel

Asked by nwdeserangel at 12:08 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Shopping

• I just get my girls, my granddaughters and my husband. If we have any money left, we usually get something for my parents. I don't do brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:12 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• We do our 3 boys, and eachother, his parents my parents, my brother and sister and theyre husbands plus my sister who passed away's husband, his sister, my 2 neices and 4 nephews.
    Umm probably friends aswell.

Stacey.x
    happytohelp

Answer by happytohelp at 7:21 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Our household and immediate family members like my parents, Aunt and Uncle, cousins (only have 2) and grandparents.

In the past I would buy for my friends and their kids but we really needed to cut back.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:51 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Just our kids, my parents don't expect anything and neither do we. My hubby and I rarely buy anything for eachother either. If we want something, we go out and get it.
    3girlmomma

Answer by 3girlmomma at 10:31 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My family is small but his side is split and there are so many of them. I have had to drop some of them. Now I buy for my Dad, Mom, sister, husband, son, his father, and MIL. I put him in charge of his grandfather and his mother and FIL. Ridiculous...
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 11:42 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Our son (( first year!)) his sisters and brother, nieces and nephews, parents, my sisters and BILs... friends, my husband and I get each other gifts after christmas with the money that we get.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I came from a family where my parents never exchanged gifts and my aunts, uncles, and my father's parents never got us presents. So I really was never used to doing much for the adults or extended family growing up. My husband's family is the opposite. His aunts and uncles send our girls gifts, even if it's just an ornament. It's kind of hard for me to balance everything at Christmas. I concentrate on our kids, then as money allows, expand out to neices and nephews, parents, siblings.... Kids come first though =)
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Normally it's my family then my parents, grandparents, nieces, nephew, brother SIL etc... But this year it's just going to be my family grandma and then the kids since some people are struggling. I really do think though that in the future the extended family should just scratch it because really it's not worth it. B-days are enough.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 8:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2008