What should I do if the father of my baby is going to take her away?

He says he doesn't want to go through court but yet I put an order protection on him and he keeps threatening me about take her away. I call the police but they can't find him and he turned his cell phone off. what should I do ?????????

newmom4192011

Asked by newmom4192011 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Go somewhere that he cant find you... or wouldn't expect you to go... Keep telling the police until they do something. It is NOT okay for you to live in fear like that.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 4:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• HIDE.. Run... leave the area...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• There's no legal way he can just "take" your child. You all would have to go to court first. You would have to be allowed to present your side...and if you have an order of protection on him already the chances are slim to nome any judge would allow him to have the child.
    Anonymous

• In court or is he talking about kidnapping her?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• He doesn't want to go through court.  A piece of paper isn't going to stop someone from snatching a kid.  I agree, run.  Run now.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Women's shelter now!
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 4:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Well why is there a PO on him. Most of the time if you go through the court they will side with the mother. Also if you had good reason to put a PO on him then the courts can take that into consideration. Make sure you get together all the police reports and all the times you have had to call the police on him and they couldnt find him. If you take him to court and he doesnt show up for that then he really is lowering his chances of even getting regulare visits with the child. You can also ask for supurvised visitation through the court for him. It seems from the question that he seems like the person who should be worried about getting the baby taken away not you. But then again i dont know the full story
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 4:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• he's talking about child custody and i live with my mom im not going to no women shelter.
    newmom4192011

Comment by newmom4192011 (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• michelle.coopes add me and i will tell you the whole story i just need to know what i need to do!! add me
    newmom4192011

Comment by newmom4192011 (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It doesn't matter if he doesn't want to go to court. YOU go, and petition for custody. He'll be served with papers, and I would guess if he doesn't show up, you would get full custody.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2011