Am I ovulating?

So these are how long my cycles have been tracking back to January 2010.

40, 26, 43, 51, 53, 41, 26, 26, 43, 33, 39

A you can see that's pretty irregular. Do you think I'm even ovulating and what is my average cycle do you think? Do you think I'm ovulating some cycles and not on other cycles? Please help I need your opinions on this cause I'm confused?!?!

bellaambru90

Asked by bellaambru90 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• www.fertilityfriend.com g/l!!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Sure, you ovulate. What happens is this - The follicular phase, the time between CD1 when your period starts, and the day you ovulate - that's the part that varies. for me, ovulation can land anywhere from CD11 to CD30. The luteal phase, the time after ovulation, is typically always the same, with no more than a day or two in variation. For the standard woman, it's 12-14 days. Mine lasts 11.
    So let's say you have a 12 day luteal phase. on your 39 day cycle, you ovulated on CD27. On your 53 day cycle, you ovulated on CD41. See what I mean?
    The best way to keep track of when you ovulate is by charting your temperature. www.fertilityfriend.com will help you learn everything you need to know and keep track of your cycles and when you ovulate.
    Irregular cycles are caused by many things - stress, high sugar, PCOS, thyroid issues. Try to eat healthier. Also if you're overweight like I am, losing even 10lbs can help.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I'm underweight not overweight, I'm 4'11" and 86 pounds so my BMI is 17.5
    bellaambru90

Comment by bellaambru90 (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2011