Looking for a new church

I was raised Catholic, stopped going to church when I was old enough to drive myself, but I did finish my Catholic highschool. There are many things I did not agree with, had too many questions that no one could answer. I am spiritual, I pray, just not to the God I was raised to belive in (fear actually).
Now that I'm older and married with a young child, I'd like to join a church. Or congregation, or whatever. Somewhere that no beliefs or rules are forced on us, somewhere to make friends with people who just want to live their life and gather together weekly or monthly, somewhere that kids are welcome and safe. I guess maybe non-denominational. Open minded. Any recommendations? Can you tell me a little about your church? I'm open to anywhere that welcomes new members, and maybe has a youth group.
BTW, please do not bash Catholics. Do not bash anyone please. I don't care what you think about religions you don't belong to, only those you do. And if you think I'm asking too much, move right along :) THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• You might want to try a non-denominational church. The one we attended was literally a melting pot of beliefs. We had former Baptists, Catholics, Pentecosts, Episcopalians, Pagans, and Atheists,and everything in between. And, since it was non-denominational, we just learned out of the Bible,and no one belief was pushed on anyone. It was wonderful. We moved,is the reason we no longer attend it.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Your more than welcome to come too LDS moms chat here on cafemom and check us out. If not I wish you well and hope you find what your looking for.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 8:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Try looking at a Unitarian or UCC church.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• The ones I'm most interested in here are a Unitarian Universalist Church (uua.org) and a Unity Church. Both seem very accepting of other beliefs and people of different backgrounds. GL!
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Thanks so much everyone! I appreciate all of the replies and will be checking into each one mentioned.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2011