Has anyone w/pitocin had awful labors & then had a natural labor with no epi that went great? or still hurt like crazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Unfortunately, I have ONLY ever had pitocin. My body just doesn't seem to progress into labor on it's own... =/

But here is a bump.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Ive only done natural births, the pain can get pretty bad especially in the end, but you can work through it. I will be doing my third natural (hopefully) birth in May. I have heard that contractions can be a whole lot worse and a whole lot closer together with pitocin though.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 5:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• well i only have one and was not induced...i can say that my natural labor with no epi was a complete breeze
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have had only Pitocin, mom's who have had both say they'd rather choose natural over being induced, but to me, I loved being induced. (Of course, I have no feeling of what it feels like to go into natural labor tho)

BUMP!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I had 2 with pit, 2 without, and they really weren't much different.
    Anonymous

• I had my first daughter so quickly that there was no time for an epi, I just had whatever in the IV to take the edge off. I'm pretty sure breaking my arm in fifth grade hurt worse than labor. My third was induced and the contractions were crazy intense and the epi only took on half of me....that was some serious pain. However, when it was over I was fine. It was as if nothing happened!! Very odd.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 6:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My first labor was an induction, during which my epidural quit working. It was a pretty awful experience - 12 hours of labor, 3 hours of pushing, and my daughter was born not breathing with a broken collarbone. My second delivery - C-section. Third delivery was supposed to be a repeat C-section,but he arrived on his own time. Only 3 hours of labor, no drugs...it was painful, but soo much better that either previous birth. For my fourth delivery, I hope for a repeat of #3! LOL!
    ericsangel82

Answer by ericsangel82 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2011