How do I get him to... adult content

My SO gained weight while I was pregnant our son is now 16 months and he has not lost it. It has killed his sex drive. Last week I asked him if he remember the first few months we was together. He said yeah but his sex drive is not as high as it used to be because of the weight. Yet he shows no sign of losing it. I dont give him BJs but I told him I was going to buy some numbing spray (for BJS) to make him happy and a toy for me until he gets his drive back. I thought maybe that would get him to try and lose it yet it has not done anything yet. What should I do to get him to exercise.

jgreene92

Asked by jgreene92 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• numbing spray???
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Run around the house naked so that he can chase you. LOL. Im not makeing fun of you. I just wanted to make you smile.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Instead of questioning his manliness, why don't you make FAMILY changes in diet and exercise to help him lose weight? Eat healthy, go for walks after dinner. Play outside with your toddler on weekends. If I was in his shoes and was told my SO was going to get a toy until his sex drive got better, I woud LEAVE.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• All I can say is his weight isn't killing his sex drive, it's killing yours! He may be depressed, tired, overwhelmed with fatherhood etc and that will reduce sex drive and enthusiasm for exercise. - Only you know how he handles criticism but, maybe something like " I love you no matter what you weigh, but our sex life is suffering and I am wondering how why that is okay with you?" Then let him reply. Let him think on it if necessary.
    Also realise that it is pretty rare for couples to keep going like rabbits after the first lust flush, and then after a baby, we went for every day to once a week, ... it is like the ocean, sometimes more frequent, sometimes not - all part of a settle relationship
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I agree with what others have said... be sneaky about it. Make changes in the diet of your whole family. Plan trips to the park, or something else that is within walking distance. Or even make it more obvious and make a workout/diet plan for BOTH of you - I don't know whether you need it or not, but maybe if he sees you making an effort as well, he will be more open to making one himself.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• agree totally with tyfry7496 help him instead of basically questioning his manhood... there are plenty of men in this world that are on the thick side which some i actually think are fairly cute! (i'm by no means trying to say being overweight is a good thing) just saying... however if its coming between the sexual relationship you both have then yes it needs to be addressed in ways such as a diet plan, working out everyday (together) hope this helps... good luck
    ash2011903

Answer by ash2011903 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Id start by setting an example. I sure wouldnt want my husband challenging my womeness lol. Anyway I think maybe doing an exercise program together would be fun and bring you together too. You can change your diet and make it something you can do as a family.

Answer by gemgem at 5:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I've never heard of numbing spray but that's not your question. How about telling him you want to work out and don't want to do it alone and ask him to go walking with you or challenge him to some easy workouts to get him going? Men love challenges. They are very competitive.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I am about to join a gym I am trying to decide on which one to pick. He does not want to go with me, he wants to sit at home on his computer playing games. From the time he gets home till around midnight then he gets up at 4 and works till noon and then he complains about not enough sleep. I have changed our diet we get a pizza or whatever he wants on Saturdays, but the rest of the week it is healthy food. I got him to cut out all the sodas down to one a day. Because he gets major headaches with no caffeine. He hates to go outside I take our son outside as much as possible. He wants to play games. Thank you all for your post!
    jgreene92

Comment by jgreene92 (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Offer to work out with him.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2011