Is this the smaller government we were hoping for in michigan? *edit*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUpO1QFMDtM&feature=player_embedded

Because it's certainly not what I meant.

This only further makes me convinced that Dem or Repub it doesnt matter none of them have any idea what they are doing or what the people want.

Another article on the issue. 

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2011/03/10330/corporate-politicians-helm-michigan-sell-out-local-democracy

kayslay

Asked by kayslay at 5:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Come to Wisconsin, we have a HUGE mess happening here. NOTHING but LIES are being told by the Governor and his croonies.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I think there are messes everywhere. And I think lies are coming from all directions and I certainly acknowledge that msnbc isn't exactly on the side of the right in these situations but regardless of Rachel's dramatization the idea of the state gov having so much power over the local governments doesn't seem like the sort of small government ideals that most republicans stand for. It's a spit in the face of democracy to just go in and remove elected officials and replace them as you see fit. Too much power for one man.
    kayslay

Comment by kayslay (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Rachael Maddow???
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Nice little piece of drama she put on as news.

The business structure NEEDS tax relief in Michigan. Have you by any chance seen all the businesses that have gone under? Michigans taxes are very high. That is one of the reasons so many companies have fled the state? Would you not like to see the state become business friendly and bring jobs back???

He is not planning any tax whatsoever on social security. My husband makes 3500 a month in pension. That doesn't include what he gets from SS. Why shouldn't he contribute to the tax system from it?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Michigan sucks for jobs right now. I grew up there and since college everyone I know has left the state and the ones who stayed are collecting unemployment.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 6:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It is very hard to ' bring jobs back ' in the current economic . Businesses are not going to invest and hire more in the absence of more demand for their goods and services, unlikely given the continuing decline in the real incomes of low and middle income families Lowering taxes on businesses won't do it as increased income is more likely to be used to reduce the heavy debt load.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• we need to quit out sourcing and get rid of machines, i wouldnt mind paying a little bit more for my damn hot dog if it gave someone a job.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 6:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

Only in Canada.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

Good News!! One of my businesses, the big one has NO debt and the other one has a very very small amount...so lowering my business taxes would mean I would have more money to...hire another person..give back the wages I had to take away because some of my taxes increased...buy some new equipment I have been eyeing...open a second location when I get moved to Wyoming..oh my the things I could do if I paid less business taxes!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• "lowering my business taxes would mean I would have more money to...hire another person..give back the wages I had to take away because some of my taxes increased...buy some new equipment I have been eyeing...open a second location when I get moved to Wyoming..oh my the things I could do if I paid less business taxes! "

I think it's fantastic that you look at it like that and that that is how you would handle your increased cash flow. I am however skeptical that the majority of michigan employers would pass on the good favors. My mother who works in the auto industry works for a company that when finding how they were being sent more work from Chrysler were discussing how many of the jobs to outsource to china. They decided to send 8 positions of the 10 man group overseas.
    kayslay

Comment by kayslay (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2011