What do you believe is the key to a successful marriage?

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• duct tape

• a really good sense of humor, and the patience of a saint. The ability to be wrong sometimes, and to stand up for your own rights at times. And someone who, even when they are being a total dickhead, would still lie down and die for you xxx

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• ninjaTRUST then communication. those are the 2 most important ones imo. gotta have trust........

Answer by gwen20 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• rolling on floorduct tape

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 5:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Being friends, being honest, laughter & respect

Answer by gemgem at 5:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• being best friends, which means being madly in love. best friends love, respect, and trust each other. you need to like each other and have fun together. after my husband proposed to me, at a beaver dam, we had a spitting contest. we have fun together. so i think being best friends

Answer by momofone725 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• The secret to a happy marriage remains a secret. ;) One of my favorite quotes. Communicating but respectfully communicating and forgiving, lots of forgiving, from both sides.

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 5:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• HONEST communication.
    Laying it all out on the table. Wants, needs, likes, dislikes, priorities, future, past, present, everything. Share absolutely all you can so that you know them for exactly who they are, but also know what they want don't want now and in the future.
    Don't ever let something go unsaid if it needs to be said. Choose your battles, but if it needs to be said then say it. Letting it fester only creates problems in the long run that could've been avoided otherwise.

Know one thing .. if you don't trust them you don't love them. That is one thing I believe whole heartedly. If you can't trust someone you're with you can't honestly love them. Loving someone is trusting them 100%.

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Respect-if you respect someone, you will be truthful with them && honest :)

Answer by Ambie0526 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I think both parties should be working to make eachothers job easier. What can I do for hubby to make his life easier today? If he is doing the same thing then we have good balance. My hubby does lots of stuff but the sweetest is he washes my travel coffee mug every night and makes sure it is sitting by the coffee pot for morning. He has to go look in the car some night sbut he always make sure I can wake up and have coffee.

Answer by ria7 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2011