When someone calls that you don't want to talk to...

do you simply not answer, or pick up & try to polite about it?

i dont mean telemarketers or anything. specifically people you know like a family member or friend.

i never answer when SIL calls... there is absolutely no way i can hold a conversation with an immature idiot, or want to. i feel if there's suddenly something more important than whoring or partying going on in her life she can talk to her brother about it.

my mom on the other hand, some days i do not want to talk to her but she would worry if i didn't pick up. so i try to keep the conversation short.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I just don't pick up. It's easier that way.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 5:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• If I don't feel like talking, I just don't answer.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I don't answer, my phone is for my convenience, not theirs. I also often leave my Mobile (cell) ph at home, I'm leaving the house to have a break... not to hold the same conversations on the street.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I always answer and keep it short. I will listen to what they say and make sure there isnt some crisis and if it isnt anything important I tell them I was going to lay down before they called and need to go.

Answer by gemgem at 5:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My aunt just called and she's someone who's always on other people's business so i didnt pick up cause i just didnt feel like gossiping about anyone i just have my own problem. then there's my cousin who try to ruin my wedding but she apologize later and i have accepted but not forgotten what she has done, when she calls i always ignore unless she leaves a message and say why she was calling.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I don't answer.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• If it shows up on my caller id and i just don't want to talk, nope, I don't pick up.
    Of course I've got my resume out there all over the place, so usually if it's a number I don't know, I have to pick up. :P
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I don't answer I let the answering machine get it.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 5:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Either don't pick up or keep it short.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It depends on who it is & why I don't want to talk. For the most part, if I don't want to talk to someone, I just don't answer. If it's not a specific person, but I just don't want to talk in general, then I'll answer if it's my SO or my family and just tell them "I'm not in the mood to talk right now, I'll give you a call a bit later."
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2011