Medically need to be induced dang it..but im 50% effaced & 2cm dilated..do you think it should start easily?

my last induction just would not start..& i was not dilated or effaced. should this one be different because there are actually signs of readiness now?

mohme2three

Asked by mohme2three at 5:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was 3 cm and 100% effaced, I was on the meds for about5 hours before I had my dd. Good luck!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I was 50% efaced and 3cm and had to be induced. I was on pitocin for 16hrs with absolutely nothing happening. my dr. finally stopped so i could rest overnight and threatened with a c-section if nothing happened the next day but in the middle of the night my water broke and 3 hrs later I had a beautiful little girl! Good luck with your induction!
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It should help. I wasnt effaced or dilated with my last and had her in 7 hours when I was induced.

Answer by gemgem at 5:35 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• 75% effaced and 4cm dialated ( had been dialating for about a month in a half before that, and at my last dr apt i was at 4cm and she desided to induce me) was in labor for 6 hours and then had and emergency c-section...
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• With my 5th baby I was 3cm for weeks, had contractions 5 minutes apart 24/7 for a week without progression. It sucked. Went in for a NST due to baby movement stopping, ended up getting the lowest possible dose of pit, and had him 3 hours later. If they want to do it, let them, if you're that far, the pit should work nicely. If you don't want to do it, don't. ;)
    Anonymous

• I was induced because I was overdue and my daughter was already estimated to be over 8 lbs, after a day on induction drugs I was 50%effaced and 3 centimeters dilated, then they broke my water and still went another day with no progression so I finally demanded a c-section. I had to argue with the doctor but she finally gave in - while I was in recovery she came in and said I made the right choice. I thought that comment was odd and asked why. My daughter was in trouble and the monitors didn't pick it up, she wasn't breathing when she was born and they also found out I had a narrow pelvic bone and couldn't vaginally deliver a baby. I asked what would've happened if I tried to push her out...they told me she would've been stuck and they would've had to push her back inside of me and do an emergency c-section. So if I hadn't demanded that c-section there's a good chance my daughter would've died.
    Anonymous