Do you check you s/o cell phone and emails?

Have you ever checked your s/o cell phone and emails? What made you do it?

jdzamko

Asked by jdzamko at 5:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• No. I have never felt the need to. Now I have accidentally ended up in his email when he fails to log out and will glance to see if anyone good emailed him LOL

Answer by gemgem at 5:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• No, I haven't
    cdnmom24

Answer by cdnmom24 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have checked DH's email once in the four years we've been together, even knowing his password just about as long. I only checked to see about voicemails when he asked me to. I have had no other reason to do so.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:35 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• no never. I dnt check his computer, we have our own. I dont search his wallet, his glove conpartmeant. Or anything else that is personally his. The only time i would even thin k of entering any of it is if he asks me to get something. but as far checking it . no
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• No, I have no reason to. He doesn't use his cell other than to call me. And, he opens his email on his laptop right beside me on the couch. They are either from his work union, his sister or junk. And, everything his sister sends to him, she sends to me, as well.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have all my husbands passwords and he has mine. I have never checked up on him, and I'm pretty sure he has never looked at my stuff either. We have no reason to look. There are no secrets, and whatever needs to be shared is. The most of it is just stuff that we would not care about knowing. Trust is a beautiful thing!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I do not check his emails. We share a cell phone plan, so I have the ability to check his call log if I wanted to, but I generally don't. I glance through the logs for both our phones when I get the bill every month, just to make sure that nothing stands out as being obviously not accurate.

I tend to feel that I trust him, so who he talks to isn't really a concern for me. Plus, most of the time, he's talking to me anyway, so it doesn't really matter. :) I think if I did begin to feel a need to check up on him like that, I would probably take a long, hard look at our relationship and what's going on to make me feel that way.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• yes, before i found out he was exchanging inappropriate conversations with exes. it was one of those "female intuition" things and i was right. of course i was naturally hurt, betrayed, you name it. but we worked past the trust issue and now i never check his phone, emails, facebook, or anything. it was the best way for me to move forward, was to just trust that he was behaving. that was 3 years ago, and ive never felt funny about things. i actually trust him much more now. i would have driven myself crazy if i tried to keep up with every text, phone call, who's this, what's that, etc.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• No...never even felt the urge. I would feel my privacy was invaded if he did that to me...even though I have nothing to hide. I wouldn't ever do that to him.
    struezel

Answer by struezel at 5:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• no i have a hard enough time taking care of my own why chase after another?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2011