How did everyone.....

.......deal with morning sickness at work? Was it bad, not too bad? How long did it last.......What line of work are you in and what advice can you give?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Luckily I only got sick like 6 times I did gag alot a still do every once and a while . . my mil to be says the best thing is put a saltine on your tounge and let it disolve and it should help you stomach settle
    ah2590

Answer by ah2590 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I actually couldn't work while I had morning sickness. I was a waitress in an Italian restaurant and the smell of garlic sent me over the edge. Anytime I went in there, I'd end up in the bathroom or parking lot puking. As soon as I reached the second trimester, though, everything was great. Peppermint is supposed to settle your stomach.
    lebrbria

Answer by lebrbria at 12:37 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I didnt have morning sickness at all with my first pregnancy but my second pregnancy was a total different story. I am a stay at home mom and could hardly get out of bed everyday. I had morning sickness for the whole nine months. But what did some what help was drinking ginger ale, sucking on Jolly Ranchers, Chewing gum, Eating popsicles, and eating small meals through out the day. Although I had to finally be put on medication (Zofran) and it helped so much. I only gained 10 pounds the whole time because I couldnt eat a lot. So if things are too bad talk to your doctor and get put on medication. Dont suffer the whole time. Good luck!
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 12:49 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I work in retail and I didn't have too much morning sickness (it turned out that the prenatal vitamins were what caused my nausea), but when I was at work I would just make sure that I had a trash can near me at all times because there was no way I'd be able to make it alll the way to the bathroom in time, You could also carry a gallon size ziploc bag in your purse/pocket at all times for emergencies,

There were these ginger candies at the Motherhood store in the mall that worked for my SIL, I preferred bread... it seemed to settle my stomach if I could feel the pukey feeling coming on...
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 4:01 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• This is my 6th pregnancy and I've never had morning sickness. Good luck!
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 23, 2008