The green eyed monster ! Vent

So i know this seems petty , but i guess i am only jealous when he does things he doesn't do with me. My husband never smiles at me when he gets home from work. if i visit him at work or take him lunch he never seems happy to see me and never smiles. then at walmart today he ran into some coworker girl. i was in another isle but say him smiling just as they both parted. I asked, what are you smiling about. he say oh i was just saying hi to a coworker. then said,,, her name is bla bla or something like that ,, like he couldn't remember her name or didn't know her that well. It just made me a little upset that he is so smiley with some girl when i have to beg him to simile in family pictures.

NaiveDream

Asked by NaiveDream at 5:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• The smile you saw is not a real smile. Why would you want that 'smile' for yourself? That's the smile reserved for strangers, not family, not wifes but co-workers, bosses and customers

If you want him to smile at you, not for you, then you must do those things he enjoys, that he will remember with joy and lightness of heart.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:01 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I'd be making that man so happy he would be grinning all over the place!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Some men are just like that I know my dad doesn't smile to much but other times he does. Now my husband doesn't smile when he first comes in from work but before the day is out were laughing together.
    Ask him why he doesn't smile with you and see what his answer is it may just be the way he is .
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• :( *hugs*
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Great answer NannyB! I think I would do the same thing...heres something to really smile about!!!!
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Give him something to smile about! Dress up a little, freshen your make up before he gets home, that kind of thing.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 6:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I'm sorry but I disagree with the other women, why should you have to try to make him happy? He should be happy that he is finally home with his wife and kids(?) I would ask why he isn't happy at home, why he doesn't smile when he gets home, or when he sees you. It might be something a little deeper, depression?
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I'd say something because I know I'd have a huge problem with that!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• you should voice your opinion to him!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• welcome to the real world
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2011