I want a baby..Kinda long..Vent

I want a baby, but I know that I am not financially stable enough to have one. I want to make sure my baby has everything it needs. I know 10 people that are pregnant right now, including my cousin, who I am very close with, and my best friend, who I have known since we were 4 yrs old. I have talked to my SO about a baby, because I was recently taking antibiotics, and there was a chance it would interfere with the pills. I have taken two pregnancy tests and they are both neg. I know that I need to wait to have a child, but every day that i see, or hear about a pregnancy, I feel like I am dying inside. I don't know what to do.

maxxsmommy13

Asked by maxxsmommy13 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Get a puppy.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• haha. if only I could. I already have one.
    maxxsmommy13

Comment by maxxsmommy13 (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• well, a puppy is a lot easier than a baby. and a lot less expensive, that should be reality check enough. Just enjoy playing with everyone else's little ones until you can have one- I know I was always looking for a good sitter, and still am!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Look at it this way, everyone seems pregnant now so when you are ready and get pregnant maybe no one else will steal your thunder and you will get ten times more at your baby shower and theyll be jealous.

Answer by gemgem at 5:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Start saving now. Put aside a little each month, even if it's only like 50 dollars. When we started planning to expand we sat down and looked at our monthly budget. We realized between random gas station food, movies and rentals, dinner out, and small shopping trips we were spending about 300 a month. Since we wanted to start trying for a baby we stopped all that random spending, and forced ourselves to put that 300 a month in savings. It ended up taking us 6 months to conceive, so by then we had placed about 1800 in savings. Since I've been pregnant we've continued to place that 300 in savings each month so it just continues to grow. It's not a large amount of savings, we still live paycheck to paycheck and don't do any "extra's" but we can afford the things we need to buy for the baby, and we'll be fine when the new addition arrives. Just start setting aside some amount of money now, you'd be surprised how fast it adds up.
    Anonymous

• thank you gemgem
    maxxsmommy13

Comment by maxxsmommy13 (original poster) at 6:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Pat yourself on the back for planning so that it is right for all of you. It will be well worth it. I'm proud of you and wish you all the best. Plus wish you pure joy when you fianlly decide the time is right. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• We were not finacially ready for kids but did it anyway. I really believe you cannot ever be ready for kids. If we had waited - we would have never had our kids. Also depends on your age. I was 30 when I had my first. Any older and I feel I would have been too old. Depends on what you think is too old for yourself.
    laura67-boo

Answer by laura67-boo at 9:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Thank you mamas
    maxxsmommy13

Comment by maxxsmommy13 (original poster) at 6:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2011