Is there an alternative to prenatals?

i dont go back to my doc until next month but my prenatals are making me so sick! i have heard of some people taking 2 flintstone chewable a day. has anyone else heard or done this?

whitneyw90

Asked by whitneyw90 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• folic acid and multi-vitamins
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i took Disney's CARS gummy vitamins and they worked great
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My Dr told me to take flinstones cables because I had the same problem as you.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• oh and i told my midwives about this when they asked me about prenatals and they all said "oh yeah the gummy's are fine. a lot of women take childrens vitamins"
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

•  these are what i took and they are so yummy that you won't forget to take them. they cost 5 bucks a bottle too

momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• any kids gummy vitamins or flinstones vitamins
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Please, don't take vitamins (something that is supposed to benefit your health) that have artificial colors and/or flavors, or with a primary ingredient being High Fructose Corn Syrup. Read the label before you buy vitamins intended for kids, to be sure that you are getting all the nutrients needed during pregnancy. Is there enough iron? What about folic acid? Is the so-called "natural flavor" actually MSG?

Take your prenatals with your lunch. They may be easier on your stomach that way.
    Anonymous

• I bought New Chapter Organics Perfect Prenatal from vitacost.com. They're made from whole foods so they're easily absorbed, which is the main problem with prenatals and other vitamins you get at the grocery store/pharmacy and likely the reason they're making you feel sick. The only problem with the New Chapter is you have to take it 3 times a day...again it's more easily absorbed this way.

If you end up having to skip for awhile don't feel too bad, just make sure you're eating healthy until you find something that works.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I did two Flinstones a day during the first trimester of my first and third pregnancies due to morning sickness. It also seemed to help to take them at night.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 6:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• have you tried taking your prenatal vitamins right before bedtime? that might help
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 6:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2011