What kind of house plants do you?

I'm looking to add some plants to my house and looking for suggestions. What kind do you have? What rooms in your house do you put plants in?

Onmyown2727

Asked by Onmyown2727 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• All I have right now is a lucky bamboo. I love it lol. I have it in the living room on top of a bookshelf beside a window. I want to get a few more plants, but I have cats so I'm limited on how many and what kinds I can have.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• This is a question I've been thinking about asking. I know having house plans is healthy for you, they naturally clean the air. All I have right now is an aloe plant sitting on my kitchen counter.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Boston ferns in the living room.
    An orchid and a huge avocado in the dining room (probably time to replant that again).
    Spider pants and a sweet potato vine in the family room.
    And 'air ferns' in almost every bathroom.
    My DD's bathroom has a huge and beautiful bromeliad that matches her color theme. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 6:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I only have an African violet right now. This house doesn't have good areas for plants. The African violet gets about three hours of afternoon sun and blooms a lot.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have 3 Peace Lillies,1 fern of some kind,and 2 Christmas catus( 1bright pink and 1 yellow).

The livingroom is home to 2 of the Peace Lillies and the rest are in the diningroom.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 10:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I love African Violets and Orchids. Not much into just plain ole "spider plants". But I do have a "green" planter from my fathers funeral.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:27 AM on Mar. 11, 2011