Would you donate your eggs?

I've been seeing a lot of egg donation commercials lately, it's something I could see myself doing with a lot of research first of course. The money is great and I think it would be rewarding but i'm still up in the air about an was wondering what other women thought!

Nolas.Mommy

Asked by Nolas.Mommy at 12:23 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Health

• You get paid to do that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• No, I could not do that. I would not want a child out in the world that I do not know about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• From what I have read on it, I believe I would. I am giving another couple the chance to have a baby when she couldnt concieve with her own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I accidently hit anonymous button, 11:31pm on Nov. 22, 2008
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 12:33 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Here's a link that you may find helpful:

http://www.health.state.ny.us/community/reproductive_health/infertility/eggdonor.htm#involve

lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 12:39 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I am donating my eggs I think its a great thing to do the company I am going with pays 7,000 the first time and for air fair and a room let me know if you want the information
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:54 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• i would because so many women who would be great mother's can't have kids. then again, i wouldn't want part of me running around...
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 8:30 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I know that we are only born with a set number of eggs and it can run the risk of leaving us infertile if done incorrectly or too many times...that said, I will absolutely do it when I'm done having children! I would love to help a family that wants children to have them and I think it is great that it will allow them to carry their own child. After I'm done having children (one more after the pregnancy I'm carrying now) I don't need them anymore...and lord if it pays $7000, I'm all over that!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I wouldnt.

The majority of women who cannot have kids well I believe its down to them changing their lifestyle, eating habits etc...if 2/3s of people are overweight that is indication enough they are not doing enough to help their bodies..

keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:20 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I don't think its that much money. I have looked into it. You will be surprised at some of the age limits for egg donation and or surrogacy. you have to go through a long process of hormone shots. drug testing. and basically have to travel where ever they need you to and you have to sign something to agree and most have a clause about paying for childcare. meaning, you may not bring your child(ren) to these appts. Are you ready to have someone babysit your child for 3-4 days? because they will only pay for 1 plane ticket. your husband has to sign everything too. I live near a large city with big hospitals, meaning, people travel from all over to come here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Nov. 23, 2008