Shared Laundry Rooms

We live in an apartment building with a shared laundry room. It's not a big building, but it's also not a big laundry room. There are three washing machines and three dryers. I don't mind the small size of the room or the fact that it's shared - I usually do the laundry on weekends, in the morning before anyone else does... so I don't have to wait.

But lately, I've been noticing the state of my roommate's clothing. He's noticed some white spots on his colored t-shirts, and he thinks they come from people using powdered laundry detergent in the machines. They do look like they could come from that, but I haven't noticed marks like that on my clothing.

I've noticed that some of his white t-shirts aren't so white anymore. He doesn't have a dirty job, so the non-whiteness of them doesn't come from him. The same thing happened to my white clothes when I was with my ex - excess dirty would come off his very dirty work clothes and get onto my clothes, when I washed them together.

So I'm wondering... could the state of our neighbors' clothing affect how well ours gets washed?

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• No but the state of the washer can. If they have been used alot they can stop cleaning as well as they have in the past. Id bring it up to the landlord.

Answer by gemgem at 6:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2011