My eight year old grandson is starting to be disruptive an disrepectful in school

pam701

Asked by pam701 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• what's the question?
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• That sucks...time for some discipline, I guess...are you raising him?
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 6:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Talk to his teacher and see what you both can do to help him. See if there is a school counselor who can get involved too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Does he live with you? Have there been any changes in his daily life at home? I'm a retired Teaching Assistant from the public school system in Buffalo, NY. I've worked with all kinds and all ages of children, some with special needs. Without knowing some more facts, it's hard to advise you what to do if that's what you're asking or asking for help with.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:33 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would talk to his doctor if you can not find a reasonable reason for this... He may be having some learning issues!
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 2:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• He needs to do some chores like clean his room and take out the trash help more.Also he needs to be put in sports to keep busy.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 5:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Sounds like he needs some consistent boundaries, rules and consequences.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Of course he is! He's 8 and has some ideas about misbehaving and wants to see if he can get away with it. DO NOT LET HIM!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Are you asking for advice or just wanting to vent? Not enough info to give an educated answer.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 5:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2011