When you get an ultrasound done..?

can you tell wether their his balls or her ovaries. cause in my ultrasound there are two circles but doc. couldt tell if it was a boy or girl. already have a post with the pic.

vania_jmz

Asked by vania_jmz at 6:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• well you cant see ovaries first of all...second if you saw two circles even if it doesnt look like a scrotum to you thats what it is...my first one didnt look like it either but it was congratulations
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• If there are two circles in the abdomen, you are more than likely looking at kidneys. http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html This link shows you the external genital development in babies.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 6:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Honestly it's really hard to tell anything in the pic. How far along are you? Usually you wouldn't see just testies but a penis as well.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Depends on how far along you are.... If it's early on, they can actually tell if it's a girl by 3 lines in the groin area. Not actual genitalia. For both my sons, it was pretty obvious around 16 weeks they were both boys. They weren't shy about flashing the camera. However, they look for an actual penis, or labia. So "balls or ovaries" don't come into play at all.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• the dont look for ovaries lol the look for a penis or no penis basically
    Anonymous

• Usually they wait till like 20 weeks beforee they try and make a positive id on it. I know i was only like 16 weeks when they told me it was a boy cause it was so obvious. With my twins though they waited till 25 weeks till they told me and they had it wrong they said girls then when i was 30 weeks i had another one and they said it was boys and they came out boys. So how far along are you?
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 6:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have no clue how they know what they are looking at. All i ever see are cirlces.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2011