What would you do?

When I was pregnant (my first pregnancy) my FIL seen me at a fast food place and he went and told my SIL and she gave me so much crap about eatting there. She was like you need to eat as healthy as possable for the baby. Now she is pregnant and the last time we where with her all she wanted to eat was hamburgers and pizza. I wanted to say what she said to me but I know my husband would hear about it and he would just start a fight saying that I shouldn't be saying stuff like that to her. What should I do? Should I say something or just keep my mouth shut?

momoftwins250

Asked by momoftwins250 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I would give her the same advice that she gave you, but I am in a confrontational kind of mood today.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• In this case I would laugh on the inside but not actually say anything.  Or maybe I'd be like "it's not so easy to steer clear of junk food huh".  If your hub would be mad then I say no, don't rock the boat.  But I do however find it strange that it's not okay for you to say something when she so kindly thought to say something to you.  Does he know what she said to you?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I would do something like maybe wait until next time you were around her and she was eating, and, while you were passing her a slice or pizza or getting her a hamburger, I would say something like, isn't it funny the things we crave when we're pg and we've just GOT to have it? Only another woman who's pg or been pg can ever really get it", then laugh and say something like "remember when I was pg and you gave me so much crap when I ate fast food?" Make it sort of like a joke, like how you're sure that now that she's in a similar situation, she'll think it was funny just how ridiculous she was being, too.... Sort of along the lines of the only "experts" in raising kids are the ones who have never had any!

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I'd make it into a joke. I'd just giggle and say "now you know how i felt when i was pregnant". That way you make it known but not really in a way your husband would be mad about.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• go ahead and give her crap. and say what comes around goes around....
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I'd prbably wait until we were eating there again and in a joking way say "remember when you told me I shouldn't eat this junk while I was pregnant?" But, I'm kind of a jerk like that.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• tell her the samething she told you, but anything beyond that just bethe bigger person
    ryahzMommy

Answer by ryahzMommy at 9:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2011