HELP!!!!

I have a cat who decided to pee on my mattress today as retaliation for her litter box not being cleaned (SO's job and on his side of the bed-LOL). Okay now my question is how to get the smell out of my bed. I have cleaned it with with our upholstery cleaner, doused it in natures miracle, and in febreeze and again with natures miracle. I want to be able to sleep on my bed tonight. My SO seems to think that he is getting the couch. I may be using our mattress. Please anybody with any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

coala

Asked by coala at 6:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pets

• there are products with enzymes that can kill the smell pretty good , cal around to janiter supply stores.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Natures miracle is one of those products and it hasn't really helped.
    coala

Comment by coala (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Check with the Pet Stores. They have a lot of different things you can use and can usually get the smell out!!! Also another thing I would try is a mix of water and bleach.
    Good Luck
    jesussaves58

Answer by jesussaves58 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• The only product I've ever used is Odoban ~ but it's difficult to find the actual 'good' one (they make several products, and I use the one the vets use in their offices) in stores. You can buy it online ... but that won't get it to you tonight, or even tomorrow.

I actually use it for almost any odor issue. It works by actually destroying the enzymes, acts as a disinfectant (99% bacteria and most viruses), cleans any pet/human odor, and if you buy the concentrate (I bought a gallon for $16) and it has lasted me more than 3 years and more than half the bottle is left. The stuff works ... speaking as a pet owner with 4 dogs, 7 cats, and mucky boots that wade through the pig/goat/chicken areas *G*

It also does the BEST job clearing that musty, canned odor that AC's produce even when the filter is cleaned regularly.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:10 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Natures miracle and odoban both work... because it is a mattress the urine has soaked through several layers of foam, batting etc.. I had to literally pour it on and let it soak in my carpet so it would reach through the padding and to the wood floor when I had an elderly cat that used a bedroom for a litter box a few times... I have also found a product from bissel its in a purple spray bottle sold in either the pet dept; the grocery section or the housewares department where they sell the carpet cleaners... It has a nice smell and it removes the smell.
    TraceyLu

Answer by TraceyLu at 11:06 AM on Mar. 11, 2011