HELP!!! (PIOG)

I have a cat who decided to pee on my mattress today as retaliation for her litter box not being cleaned (SO's job and on his side of the bed-LOL). Okay now my question is how to get the smell out of my bed. I have cleaned it with with our upholstery cleaner, doused it in natures miracle, and in febreeze and again with natures miracle. I want to be able to sleep on my bed tonight. My SO seems to think that he is getting the couch. I may be using our mattress. Please anybody with any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

coala

Asked by coala at 6:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• spray vinegar on it and iron your bed....yes, iron. The steam will help to get the odor out.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 6:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It can be very tricky to get out. Honestly the best over the counter product for odors is XO http://xospray.com, It's sold online and on QVC, not sure if retailers carry them. DH and I own a carpet cleaning business and we either use that if a customer wants a chemical free neutralizer or we use our commercial grade "Urine Eraser" which works miracles!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I was referred this by another lady on here & it worked wonders! Try Nature's Miracle you can purchase at Petco or Pets mart.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 6:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Remember the stain is deeper than you spray so whatever product you use be sure to saturate with as much volume of water/detergent as you used. Pressing and patting will help bring some of the yuck up, not just wiping. Iron and vinegar is a brilliant help but probably will need to turn the mattress over and use a hair dryer for dampness on the other side before you can use it tonight. Then, because history tends to repeat itself go get a waterproof mattress cover!
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2011