help! wondering about belly showing at four months!

hi. this may be a stupid question... and yes... I know that all pregnancys are very diff. buttt i am going on 17 weeks right now, and well... im not really showing at ALL, im 5'9 and skinnyish. the doc. doesnt see anything wrong wit it, but its just weird to me, when another girl is like 2 days apart from my due date and shes huge! ...so i guess i was just wondering if there were any other mom's who were pregnant and didnt really show much...if you guys could share your story it might help. THANKS

Loveaddict6

Asked by Loveaddict6 at 1:25 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I am a early popper within 6 weeks of both my pregnacies I couldn't button my pants yet I am losing weight. My mom was total opposite she didn't start showing until about 7 months and all of her babies came out fine - hope that helps some
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 1:36 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• If I wore a big t-shirt and slouched a little I could still hide my pregnancy when I was 8 months along. I started showing right off just enough to not fit my clothes, but the maternity clothes that fit me were 4 sizes smaller than I would have normally worn. I only gained 20 lbs overall. The closest thing to eating healthy and watching what I ate was when I was watching it travel towards my mouth..lol. As long as your dr says everything is good with the baby, you're fine. You don't necessarily have to get huge to have a healthy baby.
    Angelie04

Answer by Angelie04 at 2:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• i guess i was one of the lucky ones too. i didn't really show untill 5 months! but trust me that belly will start growing a lot in the end : )
    scarletsm0m

Answer by scarletsm0m at 2:47 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• With my son I didn't really show until 5 months along :)
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:17 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I was on the thinner side and didn't show too early with my first 2. The third we actually didn't tell anyone till my second trimester, so I was able to hide it for a while. At my wedding there were 2 gals in it who were due within a week of each other and one was HUGE and the other you couldn't tell. So I say it depends upon the person. Savor being a lil on the small side yet, soon enough you'll feel like a hipo! LOL
    taylorsmommy00

Answer by taylorsmommy00 at 7:32 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• its not a stupid question i feel tiny for 26 weeks but the doctor says its normal. i freak out when people are bigger than me im always thinking im not gaining enough weight but i didnt start showing alot until like 15 weeks :)
    mommy2be2008123

Answer by mommy2be2008123 at 8:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• haha u are fine. I didn't really show until I was 6 months and even then, it wasn't by much. I am 5'7 and thin. I was eating like crazy. And by 6 months I had already gained 25 pounds, but you just couldnt tell. When I was 7 months, a woman asked me how far along I was and I told her 7 months...she asked if i was sure! lol!!! Don't worry about it, you will be fine. I had a healthy 8lb 8oz baby!
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 9:51 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Same w/ me - I am tall too & I didn't really show until about 5+ months. I had gained weight in the belly, but not enough so people would knoww I was preggers - just fat||!!! LOL
    krysten78

Answer by krysten78 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• thanks you guys this really helped put my mind at ease!
    Loveaddict6

Answer by Loveaddict6 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I am 5'9 and normally 127 lbs. With my first child I didn't really start to show until I was about 5 months. Now with my 4th I am showing at 9 wks. It really depends also on how the baby is positioned. Everyone is different. Enjoy it.. while it lasts! I actually liked showing earlier with my 3rd child but with this one, I am tears that I can hardly button my 4s. GRRRRRR
    tsblessed

Answer by tsblessed at 1:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2008