Ryhming names, is it weird? help

My dh wants our kids to have ryhming names for example my lil girls name is tianna so he wants our new lil girls name to be something like gianna,kianna ,elianna anything that sounds alike i am not so sure about it. some advice please

prettymamiof2

Asked by prettymamiof2 at 6:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Baby Names

• My husband and I did something similar.  Our firstborn, a boy, is Jeremiah Jr.  Then our first born daughter we decided to name her the female version of my hubs name so we went with Jamiah.  Our 3rd, another girl, we wanted the name to be similar so we named her Makiah.  Now we have another boy due next month and his name will be Malakiah. 

Jeremiah/Jamiah

Makiah/Malakiah.   We like it.  If you aren't okay with it though I'd tell him. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• If he wants to do the rhyming names, I see nothing wrong with it, as long as you can find one you like. There are people who do all kinds of things that are weirder. Like the people who give their kids names that all start with the same letter, or have the same numbers of letters in each name, or same middle name, etc. The only one I can think of that rhymes with Tianna that I like is Brianna. It used to be pretty popular, but not so much now.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• told dh i wasnt sure but its like he has his mind made up
    prettymamiof2

Comment by prettymamiof2 (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I don't like the idea, especially since they're not twins. That could end up being confusing for them if their names are so close. If you don't like it then he should understand and just drop the idea. It has to be a name that you both love.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 6:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I would start looking up OTHER names also.  It's not a requirement that names rhyme and it sounds to me like he isn't actually giving you a choice in the matter.  I would say "okay, I agree with you but lets not close off other options either".

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I dont like it at all
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My father's siblings are: Sherry, Gary, and Mary My siblings and I all have names that start with "K" And my girls all have names with "the" in them: Blythe, Esther, and the new baby will be Katherine.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i have a baby name book and its like i go through it everyday and i mark the ones i like but its so hard to decide, especially when dh is acting like an @$$ excuse my language but im so fustrated and my hormones ain't helping lol
    prettymamiof2

Comment by prettymamiof2 (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• To each his/her own, but I don't like rhyming names, or names all starting with the same letter, or any kind of theme, really....
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Think of this too: when they're older and in trouble how tongue tied are you going to get when kids names are rhyming? My kids are Dylan and Ciara (pronounced kira) and even *I* get mixed up when I'm yelling at one of them.

The hospital won't let the baby go home (I think) until it has a name. If you flat refuse his name suggestions they will have nothing to put on the birth certificate.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2011