Are you an emotional eater?

I do, I know it and I am working on it. But stressed out, I want to eat, upset I want to eat. I am trying to do other things for those feelings. But it is hard.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Very much so! Everytime I am depresses I eat everything! It really bothers me too cause I don't wanna be overweight and I'm depressed ALOT!
    MsApple

Answer by MsApple at 7:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yes, and it drives me insane. I get so depressed and then eat more! Vicious cycle.
    Anonymous

• Yep, I'm an emotional eater and it bugs me. Trying to keep busy so that I don't over indulge when I'm in a mood...work in progress.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 6:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i like to think im not but i am. i eat when im bored and eat when im feeling lonely and sad. just eat, eat and eat. i think its best to keep fruits and veggies around and kick the treats outta the house...your more willing to go for something easy and unhealthy with lots of fat in it when those feelings kick in.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

•  I have absolutely no problem with swallowing Ben and Jerrys when I've had a bad day.  I don't beat myself up about it. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Really hard. Emotional eating has been causing my weight to yo- yo for years. When I'm sad and/or depressed I'm heavy. When I'm happy and content I shed pounds. It just sucks!
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I used to be but not so much now.. I try and work out or take a long shower.. it seems to help
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I have been but now I'm an emotional smoker. I know it's not good but I will work on it. I've quit before and I'll quit again. But when I do I'll be buy stock in chewing gum. I always have gum around. Always.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:35 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• yes I am specially at night but I try not to eat.. but cant sleep ....
    gmonroe

Answer by gmonroe at 12:53 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Chocolate is my weakness esp. during pms.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2011