Do you try to be helpful here?

Is your "helpfullness" taken wrong sometimes?  Do you get emotional when reading questions?  How much effort do you put into your answer?

MrsHouston47302

Asked by MrsHouston47302 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Yes, I try to be helpful and sometimes it is taken wrong. It is not easy to always express the right emotion when just typing. But then I try to clarify what I mean. There have been times when I get emotional when reading questions and I feel very helpless. I put a lot of effort into most of my answers and really appreciate some that provide a good laugh. And when someone private messages me to thank me it shows me that it is really worth it to come back often.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I try, and yes it is taken the wrong way many times, but I try to be kind....

Answer by older at 6:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Depends on the question. If it warrants a serious enough answer I try my best. I don't get emotional but I do try to empathize with the situation.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• yes I try to be helpful, but I will also be honest. I don't write things to insult, and hate when people criticize someones spelling etc. I think we are all equal, we all have things we think we are good at and other stuff we know we suck at. I do get emotional sometimes, angry when people reply with mean things, or when someone is in a sad situation. You can hear me thumping on the keyboard then.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I do try to answer in a helpful way and put thought into my responses. Occasionally my responses get misread or I don't communicate effectively. That's life. Emotional? I suppose I get moved to respond but emotional? Not sure that I do.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 6:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• In general, I try to be helpful, yes. Unless the question is obviously fake and/or stupid, then I usually go the sarcastic route, heh. I don't get emotional, but there are certain issues I feel strongly about, and I can get irritated at some of the responses.... I'm trying really hard to keep that under control nowadays :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I love to help people. However, I do not come on here to go out of my way to be rude or nasty but most of all not to hurt anybody. Sometimes I do feel sorry for some of the ladies. I like to respect others and want to be respected as well.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yes I try to be helpful. I can not tell you how many responses I have erased because when re-reading them they didn't seem right.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 7:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I try to be as helpful as I can, and yeah, it's been taken the wrong way on occasion, but that's ok :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2011