What can i do to potty train my 15month old.

My 15month old will use the big toilt but not her potty chair so what can i do to get her to use her potty chair.

singlemom369

Asked by singlemom369 at 7:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As a former Day Care Provider and mother of 3, I can tell you they will do it how and when they want to. Children, especially girls seem to want to train sooner and often the first time they decide to do it, wans once the novelty wears off. It seemed especially difficult to get the boys trained until they were closer to 3. Girls train on average 6 months earlier. Anyway , this stage I would not expect to last, but why not get a potty insert so she doesn't fa ill in and continue to let her use the big potty?
    wittsons3

Answer by wittsons3 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• 15 months? You will be training this child for 2 years. Why do you want to put yourself through that? Wait until he is 2 1/2.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My son would never use the potty chair so we simply got rid of it.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 8:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• There's nothing that says a child has to use a potty chair. If he wants the real thing then buy a 5 dollar potty ring and let him use the real thing. I don't agree with training a 15 month old, but only you know you're child. But forcing him to use a plastic toilet instead of a real on is just silly.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• why would you want them too if they are using the potty. i would throw a party. no potty chair to clean out. get a step stool to make it easier for them to get on the toilet by themselves. woo hoo. the person who said wait til 2 and a half. disregard. not true at all. i started training when my daughter could walk. and by age 2 she was pretty much good to go. i figure if you can walk and you know you are taking a poop walk it to the pot.
    mrs.trial

Answer by mrs.trial at 11:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• They will do it when they want do learn.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:52 AM on Mar. 14, 2011