Tips On How To Lose Weight?

Hi I Am 230 Lbs I Am Small Framed And It Drives Me Nuts Because i want to look good for my husband and i want to be able to play and take my son to the pool i would love to be able to wear a swim suit and be Happy with the way i look! i would love to get down to 120 lbs or at least below 200.. i wieghed 253 before i got pregnant and then after i had my son i lost 33 lbs which put me at 230lbs and that is where my Wieght Stays I Havent Gained Or Lost Anymore. i want to lose weight and lose it fast! i am so sick of being over weight. please help! I Would Appreciate Any Tips!

TRENTONSMOM336

Asked by TRENTONSMOM336 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Loosing weight fast isn't safe or healthy. And proof shows that loosing it fast, it gets put back on just as quick.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 7:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Losing weight too quick WILL have a bad side effect on your health, even worse then being overweight. Just cut back on what u r eating, eat more fiber, it will make u fill fuller longer. Maybe add a diet pill to help you like the Alli, that works real good. You just have to make a life style change. And blah blah and all that. You can also go to Dr Oz website http://DoctorOz.com and he actually has alot of amazingly good recipes u can make and tips on how to make your stomach and metabolism burn calories faster
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 7:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Exercise. If you're not doing it now, start with walks with your child for 30 min 3 days a week. Every couple weeks, add either time or speed (walk faster to get your heart rate up). Eventually, you'll the most out of exercise if you can find time 5-6 days a week. After a month or so, add in strength training. If you don't want to join a gym, just do body weight exercises such as push ups (on the wall or knees is fine) squats, lunges, tricep dips. You can google those exercise for instructions. Videos like Jillian Michaels 30 day shred are good too. Look on line for beginner exercise tips.

Eating. Make one small change at a time. Try whole wheat bread, then after while whole wheat pasta, move to 1% milk, try almond or soy milk in things like cereal and oatmeal. Read labels and avoid high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oil. Eat less on a smaller plate.
    Sparkpeople.com is great! good luck!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 7:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Losing weight fast really doesnt work. My friends dad is a doctor and told us early on (as teens) what does work and so far hes been right. He said for every pound you lose fast you gain back 2-3 lbs. Instead cut out all carbonated drink, drink water, juice and things like that the juice helps you get the sugar you need naturally and helps with metabolism. Cut your intake of sugar, including eating cereal, eating alot of bread and things like that. Eat alot of grilled meats like chicken when possible with steamed vegetables. On top of all of that do about 30 minutes of cardio a day. We used to do 20 minutes of Aerobics & then run 10 minutes every night before bed. I dropped around 40 lbs in 6 months doing it and didnt gain anything back.

Answer by gemgem at 7:35 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• weight watchers
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 10:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• run 2-3 miles a day, if you have children encourage them to come with you! Staying healthy is important!
    MomMellisa

Answer by MomMellisa at 7:17 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would start by reading Jillian Michaels book: Master your Metabolism. It's the healthy way of eating that more and more nutritionists and personal trainers are talking about, but I love Jillians way of putting it.

And take her advice to heart, get rid of the processed chemical filled crap in your house and replace it with actual "REAL FOOD", get rid of hydrogenated oil, HFCS, artificial sweeteners, MSG, and other crap. And start moving. You can get workout dvd's at the library, through netflix, if you have cable there is the FREE Exercise on Demand Channel with free workouts from Biggest Loser, Jillian Michaels, Billy Blanks, Yoga, Walk Away The Pounds, Pilates, 10 minute workouts, so many for free all the time. And just start moving.

Don't feel discouraged if you can't do all the moves, but no matter what don't stop, keep it up and before you know it you'll breeze through the moves and crave more.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Try sparkpeople.com It has a great support system. Good luck!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 7:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I asked this same question last week and I got a bunch of righteous moms criticizing me about "crash dieting". Bla Bla Bla. Finally, pissed me off and made me feel so crappy about myself I just deleted the dumb question. LOL. I have fought my weight all my life. Bad genes I think :( Anyway, I'm doing the 17-day diet right now by Dr. Mike Moreno. I purchased the book he wrote on it off of Amazon. It's working REALLY well and it's not to hard. I also recently tried HCG diet. YOU WILL LOOSE WEIGHT FASSSSSST!!! if you can handle the VERY RESTRICTIVE 500 calorie diet. It's difficult but I did loose 20lbs in 19 days. Good Luck!
    AshellG27

Answer by AshellG27 at 7:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• eat low carb
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2011