In love with best friend...

Its long and complicated, but here's the short version:

I'm 19 and he's 18. We've been best friends since he was in 8th grade (I was in 9th). We would make the perfect married couple, or so people say. We're attracted to each other in every single way except the fact that neither of us would exactly say we think the other one is 'sexy' (we've never done anything sexual together by the way), but we are attracted to each other in and opposite-sex kind of way . We've been through many things together and what-not and still enjoy seeing each other just about everyday.

(Continued in comments...)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• (cont.)

The problem is that neither of us want the friendship to end because we got together and then broke up. Not to mention that we're so young and I wouldn't want us to feel that we've missed out on doing things people our age should (date, party, etc.). To make matters worse, I'm also pregnant by my ex right now (although he, my best friend, hasn't expressed anything negative about it so far).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• (cont.)

Common sense tells me just to wait and find out without doing anything, but...well, among other things, he's the only one that can always make me smile and happy no matter what...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• What is your question?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:54 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• What should I do? (not expecting miracle advice, just venting/looking for a different point of view or something)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• If i were you id go for it, no one knows u like ur best friend. And if u two are really wanting to take it to that level then at least go for it. As long as u both are ready for it. If ur not sure how he feels then dont go there. Been there done that doesnt end so well. take ur time though. That way you are able to salvage ur friendship. Its a touchy area but if u both feel the same then theres no reason not to try.
    Purplebutrfly99

Answer by Purplebutrfly99 at 2:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• The best advice I ever got was to marry my best friend. I did it, and they were right. Even though we have problems occassionally, it's nice to know that he's there for me because he is my friend as well as my love. Don't be so scared of losing what you do have that you end up losing what could be exactly what you want and need.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 5:09 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• With you being pregnant, I think it'd be the wrong time to attempt it because you're scared, your hormones are everywhere and your body is going to go thru so many changes not to mention that you're so young right now. Marriage isn't a quick fix for life's problems (tried that) and neither is sex (tried that too). But keep the best friend, you're going to need him while you're going thru all of the changes headed your way. If it's going to happen, it will happen, you can't push it or make it happen. My advice is to wait and let it happen naturally.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:11 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• He may be the one... do tell him how you feel...

jlynrhodes

Answer by jlynrhodes at 9:27 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I would tell him how you feel and see if he feels the same way. The problem though, is that you are pregnant. He may think that you are desperate to have a father for the baby because you can't count on the baby's real father or something (I'm not saying that I think this is the case, its just a more difficult obstacle). The best husband you can have is the one that was your best friend first!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:07 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• have you ever seen my best_friends wedding you do not want that to happend tell him the way you feel maybe he will open up to you,your feeling toward someone is very strong especially that you really know that person thats the easy part bt the hard one is letting him know,tell him send him a secret admire card and let him get it by the way tell in that letter to meet you somewhere where you guys have hange out somewhere romantic then show up and tell him your feelings
    mommydmcj

Answer by mommydmcj at 7:36 PM on Nov. 24, 2008