Is my baby ok?

So i am 18 weeks and 4 days pregnant. Last night I felt my baby move for the first time, however tonight I have felt nothing at all. I drank OJ trying to get him to move and still got nothing. Could something be wrong with him or am I worring about nothing?

lyshalynn

Asked by lyshalynn at 1:53 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• because your baby is still pretty small, it will take a few more weeks for you to feel regular movement on a day-to-day basis. generally by 25-26 weeks is when you will be able to feel it every single day
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• not really you can drink cold water, and ice chips and sugar things too, so give it a try
    ery105

Answer by ery105 at 1:55 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• it probably wont be very consistent that early on. even days without a movement is fine that early.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 2:05 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I agree with the anonymous poster, your baby is still relatively small and there is a lot of room for him to "swim" without touching "the sides of the pool."

When I was at 20 weeks, I found that the best way to get my son to do a feel-able kick was to arch my back over the arm of the couch, so that it was pressing into my back. He would sort of float towards my belly button and I could feel it more often. This does however look (and sound) totally stupid, and can be uncomfortable so you don't have to try it...
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 3:42 AM on Nov. 23, 2008