Age for shower?

my daughter will be 7 in may what is a good age to start shower? she is a little scared of the thought was just wondering my mom said she might be ready

tcollins11

Asked by tcollins11 at 7:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son will be 6 tomorrow. He's been showering by himself for a couple months now. I usually turn the water on to a comfortable temperature before he gets in. He knows how to do everything himself, though. At first I would stay in the bathroom, usually cleaning the rest of it, while he showered. Now I stay somewhere nearby, my room or hallway, and he leaves the bathroom door open so I can hear if he does call for help.
    JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 10:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It's totally dependent on your daughter. If she's still concerned about it, maybe wait a while still.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• When ever your child is ready. Mine has been taking them o and off with us since she was about 6 mos old and she thinks it is much fun at the age of 2. My friend has her 5 yo taking showers and he has been doing this for the last 6 mos.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I started my first son earlier than that... in the begining i just sat in the bathroom while he showered because he didnt want to be alone... but he was starting the shower and going alone by the time he was 6.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Mine have been showering since they were 4 years old or so, and without any help since they were almost 5.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Mine started at 6 and she will be 7 in a few weeks and she has been doin it without help for bout a month
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Mine is 3 and takes showers now. Just not in the bathroom alone. He loves it.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• We've been doing showers only for over 4 years - kids are almost 4, almost 6, almost 8, and 9. Youngest got baths til he could stand, or he went in the shower with daddy. None of them have had issues with showers instead of baths.
    Anonymous

• My son's 5. He prefers a bath because he gets to hang out and play. But when it needs to be an in and out thing, he showers and doesn't complain.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• my daughter is 5 and havs been shower for about a year now by herself but I will go and make dure she washes her hair right
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 10:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2011