is it ok to drink pepsi(soda) no caffeine when ur preggy?

aympreggo

Asked by aympreggo at 1:59 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Not really. Any dark soda contains phosphorus (phosphoric acid on the label) and it leeches calcium from the body. You and the baby definitely don't want that! Sodas, in general, are probably not a good idea except for light use. Regulars have too much sugar and diet contains some chemicals that may be best to avoid during pregnancy.
    pullinkytink

Answer by pullinkytink at 2:03 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• soda isn't that good for u, but its not gonna hurt u that bad. i still drink an occasional dr. pepper when im pregnant and as long as u dont go overboard and drink a ton, it's fine. any soda without caffeine is totally fine
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 2:04 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• is it ok probably not . but we eat and drink alot of things that are not good for us especially when we are pregnant. just limit how much you drink. or how many you drink.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• even with caffeine, it's not going to hurt you. drs recommend drinking no more than 3 caffeinated drinks (soda, coffee, etc) a day while pregnant.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 2:07 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• yes it safe.

you can even drink the regular pepsi.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• OMFG. I drank a diet pepsi everyday I was pregnant.... my son is perfectly fine. My doctor even told me it was okay to have a cup of coffee occasionally. Moderation is key.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• You can have it, but with everything sugary you'll want to make it in minimal amounts. Your body processes things differently when you're pregnant, so cutting back on sugary things will cut your risk of gestational diabetes. A can a day is fine, and you can have the caffiene if you are not normally a coffee drinker, or eating mass quantities of chocolate.

This, along with countless other issues have people who feel the extremely one way or the other. It is all about finding the balance for what works for your lifestyle and is still good for you and your baby. Good luck!
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 3:50 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Certainly there are better choices than pop. But it isn't going to harm the baby. Doctors say there is no risk to the baby if you keep your consumption under 200mg a day of caffeine. Most caffeinated pop has 35mg. Coffee and some teas have considerably more. At any rate, are there better choices?Yes. Is it going to hurt your baby? No.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 4:41 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I agree with some of the gals...moderation is the key. if you go overboard, there could be consequences, but not necessarily. No one really knows whether or not soda will do any harm. best to drink healthy stuff, of course, but a little here and there isnt going to hurt anybody!!
    PA_mountainmama

Answer by PA_mountainmama at 7:37 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Hello..my name is Allison & I'm a coke-a-loic (SP) seriously..before I got pregnant coke is all i dranked...my 1st trimester I tooked it WAY down to like 3 a day.....2nd tri I got better with 2 every other day and now 38weeks I can go without them for a week maybe two...but I seriously doubt you will have any problems...my kid will probably be hyper as all get out but hey..i can deal
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 8:02 AM on Nov. 23, 2008