Best advice on working from home?

I am in the process of getting my degree done. I am taking 15-20 credit hours weekly and I take care of my son all day. My SO has a good job and works all the time as well. I would like to make a little extra money a month, but I'm not ready to work full time, go to school full time, and make time for my family. I want to spend as much time as possible with my SO and the three children. But I also plan on graduating with honors and on Deans list, so I need my study time as well.

I am thinking bout independent sales rep., but I don't know yet...

I need some advice from others :) Thank you!

BraydinsMommy09

Asked by BraydinsMommy09 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• When you have your own business, the bonus is that you can arrange your hours to suit your needs and desires. You put as much or as little time in, block your hours, etc. The challenge there is making sure you get your office hours.

My strongest advice is to really shop around before you decide on a company. Make sure that you really love the product and that the commission as well as other income possibilities are good.

Best of luck!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Thanks, I use to love Avon stuff and would always have my Grandma order from my Aunt, but I'm not sure people really buy that stuffc anymore...
    BraydinsMommy09

Comment by BraydinsMommy09 (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing and small business marketing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have college credits in all Microsoft 2003 and 2007, that I completed in high school.
    BraydinsMommy09

Comment by BraydinsMommy09 (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You are more than welcome to read through my blog at Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Do something that is going to keep you out of debt for sure, something that helps you grow as a person it will compliment your degree, working at home is actually work. dont cash any checks for mystery shopping before you have actually done any work, dont pay for alist of at home jobs cause they are all over the net and free. I could go on and on, let me know if you need any help.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:10 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• make a list of atleast 100 of your abilities. slowly cross out what you couldn't see yourself doing at this particular time while your going to school.
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 12:54 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 ½ year old son, and 2 year old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we are dedicated to helping other Moms work from home. We have free training, and unlimited support. NO Selling, NO Parties, NO RISK!!! It’s an enjoyable and flexible home business.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika

Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms! Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website to get all the details:
    www.OurCEOMom.com

Get to know our Team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com
    We are the largest group of Moms working from home online!

Either way, no matter what you decide to do check on www.bbb.org to make sure it's legitimate.

Best Wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:58 AM on Mar. 11, 2011