How do you get a 2 year old off the bottle?

custer8611

Asked by custer8611 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just throw them away. and where are you from my maiden name is custer
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My daughter is off the bottle, has been but my niece is having some issues with her daughter. :) so was going to try and get some different ideas.

I am from Indiana. I am marrying in to the Custer family in August! :)
    custer8611

Comment by custer8611 (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• All you can do is offer different types of cups and see what goes. Hopefully she won't do what my daughter did and go on a drinking strike because of the change. :(
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yeah she has some problems because she lives at home with her mom and step dad. her step dad works 3rd shift. So she can't let her scream. And then she has tried to not give her bottles but her daughter will go to mamaw and she will give it to her. So she's getting aggravated with the whole situation. Isn't able to break her. But i will try and tell her that stuff again.
    custer8611

Comment by custer8611 (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• my dd had one bottle one day when we were out and about town i threw it away and gave her a big girl cup that was like big brothers. she had a problem one nite and then was fine
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• If you have already introduced them to a cup, then use it more often. Tehn eventually hide the bottles and only give them one at night time. Then....get rid of them all together.
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Thats what i have been telling her. So we'll see, I can't make her follow through! :(
    custer8611

Comment by custer8611 (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• when my daughter was one i just threw all the bottles away and when she was two all the paci's went. i went to the nub sippy cup, its basically a bottle with a different shaped nipple but is supposed to be better for the teeth. but i still know 5 year olds on bottles. do what you gotta do to make your family and your circumstances work.
    mrs.trial

Answer by mrs.trial at 11:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It has to be a group effort... everyone who keeps her is going to have to do the same thing .. She is going to scream and he needs to understand that .. Sorry if this makes me sound rude or disrepectful, Your neices husband married her knowing she had a lil one and he should know what to expect .. She shouldn't have to not do what she wants for or with her child because it dissrupts whatever it is that he has to do.. Parents, biological or step have to make sacrifises to tend to their child no matter how much of an inconvineience it is to them if that means he has to lose some sleep then so be it! Good luck with the bottle breaking ..
    MattMattsMomma

Answer by MattMattsMomma at 12:08 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My daughter had a hard time since she likes the smaller nipples on the bottles but i find a sippy cup that she could use. she doesnt like the ones with the big blukky nipples. I try and give her a cup while she eats dinner or snacks and when she wants to lay down i give her the sippy cup. But soon that will be gone too.
    MissChunkyLuv

Answer by MissChunkyLuv at 8:28 AM on Mar. 11, 2011