Daughter update

so i told my daughter about the rent yet again. she was supposed to pay 150 and her bf 150 she gave me 60 i said why are you trying to play me you know what we talked about of course again i end up being the bad guy and she wont talk to me im a bad mother im stopping her from going to school and im stopping her from doing this and that becuz now she has to pay rent. how would you respond?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• oh hell no...I'd reminder very clearly about the agreement that was made..Mom you are still the BOSS..She wants to play the little poor me victim..over IT! The only way I would except her not keeping her end of the deal is if she had a sincere exclamation..then I'd allow payments..If this didn't work..then out goes the boyfriend...& if she wasn't respecting me & my home..out comes the rules for living in my house or change the locks..let her think about her little attitude for a while..If she wants to think she is grown & can disrespect you this way..give her a taste of the real world..Mom put your foot down & don't allow her to blame you for her issue she's brought on to her self...
    jmfire14

Answer by jmfire14 at 3:01 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Like I did with my dd? Then try it on your own big girl. Go on out to the big bad world and see if its cheaper & if you would be going to school or working to survive.

Answer by gemgem at 8:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I lived with my parents while I was a single mother. I worked and paid rent. I also took care of my responsibilities with my daughter. My parents expected me to pay rent and take care of my stuff. They never stopped me from going to school and hanging out with my friends. Your daughter is trying to be shady and make you feel bad for you making her step up and be a responsible person. If she wants to act like this, then you can up the anty. Tell your daughter that you don't want to stop her from living her life and she should move out. Let her pay the rent and pay all the bills and take care of herself. See what she says.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 8:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I'd tell her to take her $60 to the landlord and see if he/she will accept it. Rent isn't on layaway!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• First of all you need to remind her of how she is ony pay $ 150.00 in rent is cheat if she had a roomate she would be paying utilites and and food she is an adult if it were me she would have to treat me with resespect no yelling she would have to do what she argreeed or she has to leave that way when she sees how much you do she will appreciate it good luck.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 10:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• tell her time for responsibility...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 12:57 AM on Mar. 11, 2011