The uprising going on in Libya..

I am not one who thinks the US needs to get involved in every little thing that countries get themselves into. (i.e. Viet-nam) But in the case of Libya, I am all for our troops to go over there and kill of the dictator guy.(no idea on how to spell his name so I will use the letter 'Q'). Tonight I found Q bombed a hospital 3 x!!! France is also planning the thought of starting air strikes to help out the people. Then to add insult to injury is Obama's top security guy says he thinks "Q will probably win the regime back anyway" Obama himself made it a point to go and tell the reporters that he completely 100% against his top aid's remarks. The the aid goes and says that there is fear that China and Russia will join forces and go against the US soon. As far as I am concerned, we need to get a S.E.A.L team and take out Q, I am sure nobody will mourn that loss.
So what is everybody thoughts or opinions on this??

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think we should end some wars before starting any more.

Answer by gemgem at 8:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I really feel for the Libyan people, and agree the US should block him from accessing money or communication and anything like that. But we cannot go fight a war in Libya, too! Yes, Quadaffi is a crazy dictator, he has been for 30 years. It seriously pains me that people there are dying for freedom and rights, and to get out from under the oppression. But I just can't see going over there with ground troops.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Starting a war?? We didn't start this war, as a matter of fact its not a war anyway. Its for the people who are tired of a dictator killing off their people just cause he can and thinks he can get away with it. This guy is making Hitler look tame or at least not yet.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• No more war. But based on the headlines in the news tonight, the administration, just like the Bush administration, are banging the drums toward invasion.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Speaking as a military mom (and one who has a child in this theater), I definitely don't want ANY involvement with Lybia at this point ~ and that includes providing any aid. From what I've seen of the headlines that IS what we are considering. Sorry, but I don't want my child blown up by an ied by some lunatic on the other side of the world because he is guarding a shipment of food. I'm sick of ME lunatics at this point and I absolutely can't work up any sympathy for their 'plight'. These people have been at war with each other since before written history. NOTHING we do is going to change that or fix it. They don't WANT it fixed (unless they are the ones not in power in a particular region). It's about time they get their OWN lives straightened out ... or do each other in. Just my two cents.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I agree with 100% farmlady, I also have had family and still do have family in the military. But this dictator is doing to his people should not be tolerated. Sicking his lackys on the people and killing, maiming just cause he can, and thinks that nobody can stop him. He has been the ruler for 30+ yrs. All those people want is the same rights any human should get anywhere. Libya is also in no shape or even big enough to cause concern to the US or France or any other country. The remark about a lunatic guarding a shipment of food? This fucker has SO MUCH more then that!! He has ordered his lackys to MURDER his people! He has bombed a fucking hospital!!! 3x!!! What kinda perosn does that??? As it stands right now, Libya is on their own. There isn't any country that is going to come to their aid to help them against anyone who comes in a takes Q out.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I see France wants to blow them all away. I think we should give support from here. Let someone else take the reins this time.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:38 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Too much going on already to get involved in Libya
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:12 AM on Mar. 11, 2011