Can you mail glass jars in a care package to Afghanistan/Iraq?

My husband is deployed and I was trying to come up with new care package ideas, so I was thinking I could make some salsa, jelly, etc and mail it to him. But I am not sure if glass jars are ok with the USPS.

ColeParkerMason

Asked by ColeParkerMason at 8:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Food & Drink

• They are fine - you just want to pack them well so they don't break!
    Anonymous

• You can, but I would suggest wrapping them in bubble wrap then sealing them up in ziploc bags in case they break.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• You can. I would also recommend wrapping them in a couple of plastic bags just in case they break. Whenever I sent stuff to my husband, I would wrap them in ziploc's if they would fit, or in two walmart sacks. Thank goodness, they always made if safely.
    MacyKaysMommy

Answer by MacyKaysMommy at 8:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Sorry saliorwifenmom, I didn't see your reply before submittting mine, lol!
    MacyKaysMommy

Answer by MacyKaysMommy at 9:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Yes you can mail glass jars in care packages to afganistan or Iraq, make sure they are wrapped in bubble wrap that will keep them from getting broke.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 10:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• yes they are ok! We made alot of cake in a jar and sent it to my dh downrange. Just use LOTS of bubble wrap! cause you have to remember some of those boxes are literally dropped in.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:16 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• You can, but I would suggest wrapping them in bubble wrap then sealing them up in ziploc bags in case they break
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 12, 2011