Are we still suppose to sleep on the left side?

If i remember correctly, pregnant women are suppose to sleep on their left side, correct? I am alomost 14 weeks and have been sleeping on both sides plus my stomach, is this okay? I have not been sleeping at night so I just sleep however is comfy.

saysmom

Asked by saysmom at 8:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• which ever feels comfy. i quit sleeping on my stomach when it felt weird to. i was probably a week shy of five months pregnant. i think the left side thing has to do with your kick counts. if you cant feel the baby drink something cool and sugary like juice, lay on your left side, walk for a bit then sit. etc.
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i slept on my tummy till i found out i was 5 months pregnant with ds. i didnt find out till i was 5 months. with dd i found out sooner so i started on my left side.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 8:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• left side is best. I alternate from left to right. You aren't supposed to sleep on your back if you can help it.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i read somewhere that we should sleep on our left side but i seam to sleep better on my right side. I just do whats comfortable for me, But if my dr advised me to then i would but she never told me that so. But is it not uncomfortable to sleep on your belly though?
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• They say to sleep on your left side because it gives the most blood flow to the baby. I actually found it comfy to sleep on my left side with a body pillow and position myself so it was kinda like I was sleeping on my tummy, but wasn't. I am a tummy sleeper so when I am pregnant I pretty much go nuts, lol. As long as your not sleeping on your back I think all is fine though.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I slept on my right side cause it was way comfortable for me and also my back. Untill my feet started to swell bad and they were so badd I called my doctor and they had me come in and get looked at and what my doctor asked me was how I was sleeping on what side. I told him he said try not to sleep on your back or your right side. Left side is better.. he said If I happened to find myself on my back in the middle of the night no biggie just try to sleep on my side preferably the left. This was prob the very last month I was pregnant I had the swelling. ALso I was pregnant in the summer, working on my feet all day. I did this and it worked also I elevated my feet that also worked some.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 9:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• We have a main artery called the Vena cava it is the largest artery in our bodies and it runns right down the middle of your body. Certain positions such as sleeping on your right side and laying your back will cause a drop in BP for you and the baby and so anyways it can get cut off because of the pressure of the baby and everything. So just try your best if you wake up on your back. OH well. Not a bigg deal. Your baby will be okay. I worried and my baby was fine.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 9:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Left side is the best for that artery and your heart and blood flow to your baby.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 9:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i slept on my tummy up til 9 months with my first and will with my second. i just arrange the pillows i have like a dozen it drives my hubs crazy, so all my body is lifted up but my belly. ha ha i really just need a maternity massage table with the belly cut out.
    mrs.trial

Answer by mrs.trial at 11:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2011