Music or white noise at bed time?

Do you use either for bed time if so which one do you prefer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• We use white noise, normally a box fan.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My son loved the sound of running water (even as a newborn he'd stop crying if you turned a faucet on or ran the shower), so we used this running water CD/MP3 in his room. Also, we later had something that played ocean sounds, and in the summer he likes having a fan in his room. IMO Music can be soothing for preparing for bedtime, but if it's not a steady noise it might not be as good to sleep to all night. Maybe music with a timer set to go off after an hour or so would be ok? White noise is probably best if you're going to leave it on.

Baby's Running Water CD

pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• in the winter i have a space heater that runs at night, during the rest of the year i have a fan. sometimes the dishwasher will be enough if the temperature isn't right for either fan or heater.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 10:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• a box fan....if it's too cold to have it in the room, i'll put it in the bathroom b/c i can still hear it lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• White noise. I can't sleep when it's too quiet. If you get a little fan, it will give off a little noise. It makes me relax. My son likes it too.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:03 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• White noise, room purifier

Answer by admckenzie at 5:26 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• For me? No. For my little ones we always had a motion and sound activated "hearbeat bear" that mimics the sounds heard in the womb. If they woke in the night, it lulled them back to sleep.

Answer by missanc at 9:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2011