Gash and bruises on sons head???

Okay so I left my son with my husbnds uncle for ONE HOUR! and come home with a little scrape on the top of his head like with the skin off of it...kinda like a gash but really little and two bruises on his forehead. When we asked what happened he said, "he slid off of the couch but he didn't cry or nothin"

Okay I am with my son 24/7 I know every little scratch on his body when I leave him but my hubby says "it was probably there before" ummmm no!! It was a fresh scrape with fresh blood okay!

What am I suppose to do? I'm really worried about what happened to my 14 month old son. I wish he could talk ): what if he really hurt his self?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I believe you that it probably wasn't there before, but I also have to say that from what you described, your ds probably did just what he said. If your ds is acting normal, not like it's bothering him, or showing signs of a concussion or anything, then I wouldn't worry about it.

At 14 months old, he's starting to enter into that age where he's going to starting to really transition from the "baby" stage to the "toddler" stage, and, as hard as it is for us as moms, he's going to start getting all sorts of little bumps and bruises and things like that. Of course, as moms we do everything we can to keep them safe, but the more mobile / exploring his world that he becomes, the more this sort of thing is going to happen.

I know you're worried, and that's good that you care, but it sounds like he's ok, and unless there's a other signs this guy isn't good with him, I wouldn't be too upset with the uncle.

gl :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• He isn't acting weird just really whiny and being mean!! His uncle is a realy good man and I just think he won't tel us thinkin we won't let him keep him anymore...I hrdly ever leave him with anyone besides his grndparents but.he absolutely loves this man!! Lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I think uncle already told you what happened. Kids get bumps and bruises, it happens. And trust me there will come a day when someone will ask you "when did little bobby get that?" and you will have no idea. My son is 5, comes home everyday with a new cut/bruise/scrape/red mark. He gets a bath every other night, I'm always finding new battle scars. Unless he comes crying I have no idea when or where it happens. They're boys, they fall, they get hurt, it's part of life. Sounds like you LO is completely fine, and this is just the first of many unexplained markings. I wouldn't take it out on the Uncle, it would appear he did nothing wrong.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I know every lil mark on my son aswell. My husband and I both work and I take college classes three days a week. We can't afford day care so my mom keeps our son who is 15 months.. He comes home with a new scratch or bruise almost every time. I know my mom and she would never do anything to intentionally hurt Matthew.. He just gets carried away while he is playin or tries to walk to fast and falls. Tonight for example... My husband and I got off work and went to pick matthew up. On our way home we stopped at walmart and I noticed a knot on his head that wasnt there before so I called my mom up and asked about it ... He was running around the house carrying an empty dog dish tripped on something and fell, hitting his head on the dish ... Sounds like a small accident ... I wouldn't worry to much about it .. You can usually tell when the story doesn't match the injury..
    MattMattsMomma

Answer by MattMattsMomma at 11:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• you should of seen the knot my youngest got on her head while learning to walk she did it front of me to my fil has this octagon coffee table boom right on the edge. she cried hard. the knot was huge and bruised i called the doctor they told me to watch her and not let her sleep for a long while. she was 2 at the time.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2011