What age did your little one start sleeping through the night?

What age? I still have trouble with my two year old waking up a few times at night.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• 8
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• when he turned 1 year old. we had a big party for him and everyone stayed really late, im assuming thats why he stayed up until like 10 pm, we put him to bed and he slept until 11 am the next morning, and thats cuz i woke him up. after that night he started sleeping through the night.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• #1 was 6 months
    #2 was about 6 months
    #3 was 5 weeks (until about 7 months and then she started getting up once or twice a night until she was about 14 months)
    #4 was exactly 3 months
    #5 was 3 1/2 months
    They were all sleeping at least 8 hours a night at those ages, usually longer.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• My little guy slept through the night at about a month old.. no joke! haha. I was so shocked.. I was the one waking up in the middle of the night to check on him. he didn't sleep a full 8 hours... probably about 6 or so.. but i'd say that's through the night for a kiddo his age.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 9:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• He still doesn't. I don't even sleep through the night. :-)

Seriously, he started sleeping around 6-8 hours a night by 3 months or so, but then he started teething and had trouble again. He talks in his sleep a lot and sometimes wakes up, but unless he's not feeling well or has a bad dream he will usually settle back down on his own now (he's two, almost 3). We bought him an alarm clock with a red light that means 'it's time for sleep' and it changes to a green light when it's time to wake up. That has helped A LOT. He doesn't call out for us as often if he sees the red light is on and it's not morning yet. He usually waits for the green light to come on even if he wakes up a little early too. We ordered in on amazon.com.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• 3 months old and then around 11 months he strted wakin up alot during the night idk y. But now he's 14 months and is starting to sleep all night if he sleeps with me :-/
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• at 5 days she was sleeping 8 hours, but before that she was sleeping 5 hours and by 12 weeks she was sleeping 12 hours and still sleeps that long at 2 1/2.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Pam....where did you find a clock like that? What a GREAT idea!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• mine's 2 years and still doesnt... we will see....
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• 3 weeks great since and he is 3 now.
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2011