Reading between the lines or reading too much into nothing serious?

My husband did the most sweetest thing while he was really sick and we though he might not make it. He told me to hold his hand and ask me" if when he told me that he loved me did i believe him?". I answered and he responed that he loved me over and over again and that he felt he had to tell me because sometimes i tell him he dont show it. Then he said just incase he did something stupid/wrong or without our best intrest in mind to know that it doesnt mean he dont love me because he do and always have (awwww, right?)
Well it kind of sounded strang to me almost as if he was trying to prewarn me or he just wanted to let me know he always loved me because of what he might do.
UPDATE- I asked him if he would like to take up marriage therapy, he replied "no, because we dont have problems". I told him that I wanted to take it up because of the comment he made and if he has things of that content in mind then mabey they can help us and he replied "they cant help us". Afterwards Iexplained how I felt about it and he had nothing to say but a comment about something on tv that was showing.
Am i just reading too much into nothing serious or should I be reading between the lines.
Thanks in advance ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• That really does sound strange.Has he ever done anything to make you doubt his faithfulness?If not then maybe he just wants you to know that he loves you but may not always say or show it.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 9:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• You are reading between the lines...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 9:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• With his reactions I would be worried. Ya you may be reading too much into the message, but he should not be so deffensive about it.
    And just the plain fact is, if someone asks for marriage counceling.... there is a problem. GL
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I've been in a situation where, because of some health issues, I was facing the very real possibility that I was going to die. (I know, we all die eventually, but...) I love my dh and my kids very much, and we do have a good marriage, but there were times that I worried about whether or not they knew it - not just knew it, and not just knew it 100%, but knew it 1000% - almost like if there was enough love there from me to them to last a lifetime, since I wasn't going to be there to give them any more, if that makes any sense.

I don't think he was trying to tell you anything like "have I tricked her or hid ___ from her".

Now, if there are problems in your marriage, and if you do need counseling and he won't get it, that's different (and I would go without him anyway), but if this was the only thing that's a real issue, then I wouldn't take it in a bad way, but in a very sweet, he loves you way.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• it sounds like there is something between the lines, but at what cost to your family would it be to find out? he says he loves you. maybe what he is implying is something about him, that may affect your family but is not your fault or problem. i think he needs you to reassure him that, no matter what, you will always love him, even if he did/does something stupid. if you want to find out what it is (i wanna know too now! lol) make him feel comfortable in telling you. give him the trust and understanding he wants and needs, then he will tell you. chances are he likes to wear dresses. thats not that bad right?!?
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• thanks ladies, @ tikismom he has done something in the past to make me think twice about his faithfulness but that was in the past and has done nothing since.
    But I will update you all when and if something accures, I really just want to maake sure im not reading too much into nothing serious
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It sounds like there is something that he is hiding from you.

If he will not go to couples counseling with him, you should go yourself

Answer by rkoloms at 10:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I think you are reading way too much into it. Sounds to me like he is telling you that you always think he doesnt love you but even when you are having problems, or he does something stupid and you get mad, its not because he doesnt love you, just because we all do stupid things sometimes. Sounds to me like he is basically telling you that even when you dont think he loves you for one reason or another doesnt mean that he doesnt. You should be happy. Let it go, dont make problems were there arent any. If he says he is happy believe him, and keep working to keep him that way, and you will have nothing to worry about.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 10:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• if he was that close to death
    he most likely had some regrets
    BUT
    that does not mean you should think about it a 2nd time
    LET IT GO
    be grateful that he made it
    be grateful every day
    just be grateful that you have a wonderful loving man
    love him faults and all

did i say, be grateful?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• When people are sick, especially on their death beds, sometimes they might say something they did not mean or it did not come out correctly. I would take it as he felt guilty that he did not show that he loved you enough and move on.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2011