What kind of gift should I give a friend who is throwing me a baby shower?

Baby showers take money, time, and lots of planning. So I'd like to get my friend a gift of appreciation for throwing me a shower. I want the gift to be nice but also affordable. Any suggestions?

momoflilangel

Asked by momoflilangel at 9:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No, the whole point she's giving you one is to help provide for you so you can save your money. Just give her a Thank you card.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the above post but maybe you guys can go out to lunch one day (your treat) before the baby comes.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• you could give her the baby. ha ha just kidding. i made my own deserts for my baby shower because it was a surprise and i was told it was a birthday party for a friend. so i made her what she asked for. rice crispies treats. funny thing is i made them heart shaped for the fun of it and then they fit right in.
    mrs.trial

Answer by mrs.trial at 11:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I agree. A thank you card is appropriate.
    ericsangel82

Answer by ericsangel82 at 11:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• You should treat her to a day of beauty and spa treatments. Go with her and make it a girls day out before the baby comes.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 11, 2011