Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps


hello everyone i have a Q. first i am in IL. i have a friend that has had a Lil boy placed in her care through mental health services, i didn't know they did that but anyway the lil boy is 11yrs.old he use to stay with the grandmother but she couldn't deal with him anymore so she called mental health i take it because his doc is there, the mother is a drug-head so she lost her kids but what i am trying to get at my friend took him in because she know the grandma go to the same hall but he has no income the grandmother was getting IDPA for him and i think the others when they was with her but how can she my friend open a case with DCFS. to get help they (grandma )gonna go with her to get temp guardianship, so she can be able to care for him ect ect,,the SAD part they dropped him off to her with nothing no cloths no nothing the cloths the grandma has he no longer can wear,,,HOW CAN SHE GET A CASE OPEN TO GET THE HELP!!i hope i put this in a way you can understand




Asked by 6carebears at 9:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 6 (105 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • I'm not trying to be rude, but periods help a reader. A lot. Why can't grandma or friend, cause I'm not sure who we're talking about here, just call DCFS and open a case? I don't understand why there's even confusion, so clearly I'm missing the point of your question. Maybe re-type/re-word and I'll have a better answer?

    Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

  • You should call DCFS and ask what you need to do.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2011