I feel attached

to the bed. my DS nurses soooo often and sleep just as much (he is awake in between naps for at least two hours) he is getting heavier and im having a harder time holding him now, so we lay down in bed to nurse. but i dont get anything done! i wanted to go on a walk with my sister today, but i spent most of the day in bed. HELP!

Arretsmomma5

Asked by Arretsmomma5 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I second the baby sling/carrier idea. When you get used to it you can easily nurse in the carrier and get things done while carrying the baby. It would also help add some support so not so much weight is on your arms.

What position do you nurse in when sitting? What kind of chair? I do know as my daughter got heavier it would be harder to nurse for very long if I didn't have any support under my arm. I often sat in the recliner where I could prop my arm on the arm of the chair. Having that support I could nurse for as long as she needed. You could also get a boppy or just prop up some pillows under your arm. Hope that helps... and know that this is all worth it!
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I'm confused. My son is almost 20 pounds and we nurse all the time too. We sit up, though. He lays across my lap and nurses while I read to my daughter, and then when he's done we get up and do our stuff. I also nursed my daughter until she was 2, and never had this problem of having to lay down to nurse. Do you have a physical disability that makes holding him difficult for you?

Have you considered investing in a baby sling or carrier? I have a few suggestions if you would like to research it. They have been a lifesaver for me!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Try the baby sling so you can walk around and nurse. I did that at the store while grocery shopping it does help!

Nurse within 15 mins apart to get other things done that could help too. :)
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 12:15 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My daughter is 28 pounds; I am about 100 pounds. I can still walk and nurse her. She nurses often too but I don't feel tied down.
    It's easy to feel touched out after nursing for a year or so. Could this be what's going on? (I'm not trying to imply anything. It happens to me.)
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 11:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i guess i was just venting a lil. he is two months 16 pounds, he squirms a lot too lol. i have a boppy and brestfriend feeding pillows. i use a recliner/rocker. ive been trying to find out more about nursing while he is in a sling or carrier, but i have figured out how, that would be a great relief. im pretty short and he is getting longer, but i can still hold him. i really dont mind BF, i love it, and he is so healthy i couldnt/wouldnt want to feed him anything else. thank you all for the help, im going to try everything to get more comfortable so i can nurse him longer. and if i could id nurse him till he is twelve, but it might be weird if i can stand and he is standing and nursing lol.
    Arretsmomma5

Comment by Arretsmomma5 (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• how big/old is this kid if he's too big to hold while you nurse?!?! 12?
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 10:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2011