Tanning

does tanning make stretch marks look worse? or help to disguise them?

kaitilala

Asked by kaitilala at 10:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Tanning makes the stretch marks look worse....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• the "medical" advice is that it makes them look worse....it happens to make mine look better....im guessing it depends on your skin tone and the tone of your stretch marks...when i tan they blend in much better, but thats just me. vitamin E oil massaged in twice a day will help a bit too, but its a pain in the ass to remember to do all the time.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Well, my question to you would be, would you rather have stretch marks or would you rather have the chance of getting melanoma or looking like a baseball glove later on in life? Choice is yours. I personally would chose the stretch marks. But hey, that's just me.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 10:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I use to tan , and at first they made them look worse ( they actually made them look almost like they were glowing lol ) .... but the darker I got they were less noticeable... but I think it is different for all people... my friend that i would go tanning with would tan alot more than I would but her stretch marks were WAY more noticable ....

I gave up on it though - even though I like the "natural" tan better than the fake tan that I do now.... I dont worry about it now ( know what I mean) .....
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Tanning never made mine look better or worse.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I think that it makes them stand out more they don't really tan just look more white
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 12:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• they stand olut more
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• For me, I don't tan out in the sun or in a bed, I use the lotions and stuff. I'm also VERY pale naturally (I'm one of the whitest people I have EVER seen lol). My stretch marks are almost exactly the same color as my skin, so they don't stand out more for me. I think it has more to do with your skin tone, and how bad your stretch marks are. I had a lot of stretch marks, but they were thin and faded really fast to white. I really don't recommend tanning in the sun or in a bed, stretch marks or not. It's just not healthy.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i love how you ask about tanning and stretch marks and you get advice not to tan. lol i never notice a difference but most my stetch marks are on my backside where i never really look anyway :)
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 9:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• They will stand out. I'm very light skin so I don't tan. I turn red then back to white.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2011