My 11 year old stepson wants to live with us.........anyone have any pros and cons?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• It's fine as far two of you( the SS and you) understand the responsibilities in your spheres...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have two teens that are not mine living with me a little over a year, we had our concerns but I would not take it back. These girls are great girls and blend in to our home as if I had them. I can only suggest you treat him as your own.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 1:50 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• my now 23 year old (step) daughter started living with us when she was 14, she and I are very close. I wouldnt change it for anything.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Make sure to let them know the boundaries and rules of your household before they come in... talked about and agreed upon by both yourself and your husband, and DO Not treat them any different than you do your own children. Love them and treat them as your own flesh and blood... make sure that your husband will back up the rules of the house no matter what... maybe even get a family counselling session or two just to help you all adjust to living together. Sometimes it just helps for things to blend easier if you do this....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 11:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yea I would
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 1:40 AM on Mar. 22, 2011