Picked up cupcakes from bakery tonight...refrigerate or not?

We picked up cupcakes tonight, for ds to bring to school tomorrow. Dh thinks I should refrigerate them. What do you think? I was kind of thinking that if we did, then as they warm back up to room temperature tomorrow, condensation form on the frosting? We are dropping them off in the classroom in the morning with ds at 8:45 and they will be served around 11:15.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• If they weren't already refrigerated then they should be fine if left out. I never have refrigerated any that I bought and they were fine.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i would just leave them out- they will be fine:)
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• unless they have the whipped topping type frosting. if you got them from the refrigerated section of the bakery, put them in the fridge. if you got them off a table then leave them out.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 10:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• It depends on the frosting they used. Like the pp said, refrigerate them if they were in the refrigerator at the store. Buttercream frostings don't usually have to be refrigerated, but whipped cream or cream cheese frosting or icing do need to be kept refrigerated.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I don't believe they were refrigerated there. We ordered them and when we got there and they brought out the boxes, they didn't feel cold. It's buttercream frosting.

Thanks for the answers, ladies! I'll leave them out then! :-)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2011